Community Enterprise and Asset Transfer Support
Locality offers a range of services that are designed to help community organisations and local authorities seeking to transfer library services and buildings to communities.
For community organisations we can provide a coprehensive support service to identify development needs, conduct feasibility studies, develop business plans, and provide practical support in relation to taking on and managing a library buildling and services. We have an extensive network of practictioners with experience in supporting and managing community buildlings and enterprises including a network of successful community managed libraries.
We specialise in supporting enterprising and sustainable community organisations.
We can also assist organisations seeking funding for feasibility work via the Community Rights Grant Programmes
For local authorities, we can offer advice and support in relation to community asset transfer, and approaches to effective service transfer.
Our support packages benefit from
• programme links to the range of central government departments
• established working relationships with local authorities across the country
• a lengthy and successful track record supporting the transfer of assets and services to >2,000 broad-ranging community organisations
• the involvement of community enterprise practitioners and experts in the support that we deliver
• value for money access to a range of specialist support partners
Please contact us for further information on support available.