Locality is pleased to announce that a demonstration programme to prototype and learn from innovative approaches to income generation in public libraries will commence this autumn, funded by Arts Council England. Locality is now soliciting Expressions of Interest from local authorities and community enterprises that are interested in participating.
Five library service commissioners/providers will be selected In October 2014, to participate in activity to be conducted by March 31st 2015. The DEADLINE for expressions of interest is 12 noon Friday 3rd October. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by Friday 10th October.
Successful projects will benefit from:
• 5 days enterprise support to help undertake pre-feasibility work and review the viability of an income generation project
• Access to additional technical support from a pool of experts, including legal professionals and business advisors. £10,000 of expert support and advice is available across the 5 pilot projects
• Networking activities with other enterprising public library commissioners /providers at Locality’s Annual Convention – 17-18th November 2014.(includes convention place, travel expenses and accommodation)
• Specialist webinars concerned with relevant trading opportunities and technical issues.
• National and international exposure through the publication of project case studies.
This project follows on from work earlier in the year to develop a guide for library service commissioners and providers exploring income generation as a means of enhancing public library services. The report provides technical guidance as well as case study examples to help share good practice. It also encourages innovation to support the development and sustainability of libraries into the future.
If you are interested in registering your organisation for the selection process, please complete the form and return it to [email protected]. Please email or ring Anton on 07955 364 192 with any queries you might have in the interim.
Please also see our recent guidance note and case studies on the subject.